The counselors have visited with a few college reps in the last few weeks....
MrPoyer & Ms Mullins met with Bradley University on Friday 11/7/08, Ms Mullins took a tour of Depauw (Greencastle) on Saturday 11/8/08, and all counselors met with Ivy Tech representatives on Friday 11/21. One thing I heard repeatedly was that colleges want students to talk with them, to look and see what they offer.
While at Depauw, I met with the athletic department. Each campus handles their visits a little differently. Depauw had breakout sessions and I had never heard from an athletic department before. This was quite enlightening. If a student is considering participating in athletics in college, I would encourage you to schedule a meeting with the athletic dept. at colleges of interest. The gentleman encouraged student to contact coaches of sports they are interested in and to send a video of a game (not highlights, anybody ccan look great in highlights). the president of the university met with all in attendance and talkked about seeing if the campus feels like a place you'd want to be - I think this is very important. you want to get the right fit.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment